life of the godfAther

Friday, June 09, 2006

pppffftttt!!

so you've probably noticed by now that i hate shaving, which is usually why i'm working the scruffy look...plus kari prefers the ole 5 o'clock shadow. for me shaving is like that time of the week when you have to take out the garbage.....simply necessary to keep from building to large a pile of trash. i just don't like it which is why i only shave about once a week and with trimmers (never a blade). however, my disdain for shaving affords me some neat opportunities. about every other week i get bored with the normal accoutrement of scrufffiness that is adorning my face and i decide to get creative. so i usually shave some type of hyper-masculine hyper-redneck flow into my beard which usually has me looking something like a wrestler/p-ville/lost in the 70's/movie star wanna be. i sport it around the house for about an hour or so with a sort of "bout to bust out laughing" type grin until kari gives me the look. of course under my grin i'm trying to convince her that this is my new "look". i then of course go shave it off, fun over. sometimes if i'm feeling really saucey, i'll leave a mustache and wear it to work for a couple hours the next day. but today is different. my birthday is in 2 days and i've been granted 1 more year in my 20's, plus i don't have any important appointments today so i've decided to sport this "Irish immigrant/wrestler" look. and yes, i'm wearing the shirt you think i'm wearing. Now before you judge me and say, "man, he has way too much time on his hands", just stop and think. it's not that i have too much time on my hands, it's that i'm obsessed with sqeezing every ounce of joy possible out of every moment i have. i want you to ask yourself this question..."is it okay to pass gas in public and then find it funny?" of course not! but i'm not going to let that stop me from getting a giggle when i have the good fortune of hearing the sound of someones relief and i definately won't miss an opportunity to stoop to a level that robs me of just a little dignity...reminding me clearly once again, don't take yourself so seriously. Pppfftttt!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger danohlerking said...

i hate that i missed reading this BEFORE your birthday. happy birthday late.

i hate more that i missed you showing up with the moustache-only look the day you did that.

29, looking not a day over 28.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home