life of the godfAther

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

tons of stuff.

i've got a lot going on right now so this post will be a hodge-podge of info. ok, the latest on the triathlon...last night i bumped up my 1-mile run to nearly 2 1/2 miles, through a wooded-like area, in the dark, using a headlamp (pat latuso...eat your heart out) following a long way behind my team-mate "bobbie". i think i almost died... and it took me 24 min...but i must say, never in my life, even when i was running in the Air Force, have i run over 2 miles so that was a huge mile-stone in my mind...ok, next topic. tonight i spoke at awards night for HPC baseball, but on the way there I was starving so i took a break from training and purchased a .99 cent dbl cheeseburger from McDonalds driv-thru. when i pulled up to the window to grab the burger, while making the exchange, the window girl (she looked like she was about 12 years old) dropped my burger on the ground. now i was in my jeep, so that's about a 5 foot drop. i opened my door, reached down and grabbed the bag. i looked through the window at the girl as if to say...."so, you wanna offer me another"..she looks at me and says, "oh, do you want a different bag now?" i was like...you know..this is gonna end up in my blog anyway, thanks for the material, no sense in complaining...see ya. last but not least...tonight i spoke at the HPC awards night...let me just tell you...little kids scare the mess out of me. it was great though...but still....other peoples dirty little kids scare me...just kidding..but seriously.

i'm leaving for australia in just 2 days. i am major pumped! for years i have wanted to make to the land down under and i finally have an opportunity. it's a working trip but it's australia just the same.

Pray for Kari, i'm out a week and that baby is riding loooooow

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger lance said...

brandon, great to hear from you...i was wondering who that look from Hawaii was from. i stayed there for a while too. near pearl harbor...a beautiful place. i'll tell adam you said hello.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home